Sign at site reads:
These two stone buildings known as the Wah Hop and Man Lee Stores were built by Jonas Wilder before 1860 and leased to Chinese merchants. Located at the edge of a large Chinese community, they sold traditional foods, clothing, and other items. Such stores were also social centers and places for receiving news about other Chinese communities in the state. After a disatrous fire destroyed Coloma's Chinese quarter in 1883, most of the Chinese left town.