This is a placer-mining district in east-central El Dorado County, in the vicinity of Pacific House and about 20 miles east of Placerville. Several hydraulic and drift mines here were originally worked in 1850s or 1860s, with some work at the Pacific Channel drift mine in the early 19205. The gravel deposits are on a Tertiary channel that extended west and southwest toward Placerville. The gravels are capped by andesite and rest on a granite bedrock.Bibliography
Lindgren, Waldemar, and Turner, H. W., 1894, Placerville folio, California: U. S. Geol. Survey Geol. Atlas of the U.S., folio 3, 3 pp.
Logan, C.A., 1920, El Dorado County, Pacific channel mine: California Min. Bur. Rept. 17, pp. 428-429.