Liberal

The Liberal is a lead and copper mine located in Salt Lake county, Utah at an elevation of 6,401 feet.

About the MRDS Data:

All mine locations were obtained from the USGS Mineral Resources Data System. The locations and other information in this database have not been verified for accuracy. It should be assumed that all mines are on private property.

Mine Info

Name: Liberal  

State:  Utah

County:  Salt Lake

Elevation: 6,401 Feet (1,951 Meters)

Primary Mineral: Lead, Copper

Lat, Long: 40.53778, -112.16139

Map: View on Google Maps

Satelite View

MRDS mine locations are often very general, and in some cases are incorrect. Some mine remains have been covered or removed by modern industrial activity or by development of things like housing. The satellite view offers a quick glimpse as to whether the MRDS location corresponds to visible mine remains.


Satelite image of the Liberal

Liberal MRDS details

Site Name

Primary: Liberal


Commodity

Primary: Lead
Primary: Copper


Location

State: Utah
County: Salt Lake
District: Bingham District


Land Status

Not available


Holdings

Not available


Workings

Not available


Ownership

Not available


Production

Not available


Deposit

Record Type: Site
Operation Category: Past Producer
Operation Type: Unknown
Years of Production:
Organization:
Significant: N


Physiography

Not available


Mineral Deposit Model

Not available


Orebody

Form: SEAMS AND LENTICULAR BODIES


Structure

Type: L
Description: Fissure (S 15 W)


Alterations

Alteration Type: L
Alteration Text: Crushed Quartzite


Rocks

Not available


Analytical Data

Not available


Materials

Ore: Chalcopyrite
Ore: Galena
Ore: Pyrite


Comments

Comment (Deposit): ALONG A FRACTURE ZONE

Comment (Workings): TWO TUNNELS 250 AND 400 FT, AND A 300 FT DRIFT.

Comment (Location): CONSOLIDATED IN 1903 WITH BEN BUTLER INTO BUTLER - LIBERAL MINE. THE MINE TODAY IS UNDER THE WASTE DUMPS OF THE OPEN PIT.


References

Reference (Deposit): USGS PROF. PAPER 38. P. 293

Reference (Deposit): CONSV. DIV. COMP. DATE, 03-25-1958