Frary House - Julian
Copyright: 4 Original photography - WesternMiningHistory.com
Description: Sign reads:
Frary House 1897
Almon Phineas Frary, JR. and his bride Elizabeth, assembled this small house, typical of Julian, by joining Al's Miner's cabin to an abandoned one-room school house on the site of the dismantled Overland Hotel & Saloon and Julian's second town hall. Almon, born c 1855 Placer County, came here in the 1870 gold rush and, with his father, developed the rich Stonewall mine,. He worked every major Julian mine, owning the Ella and the Eagle. Childless "Frary", 86, died 1940; Al 88, 1943, lifelong promoters of the Julian Mining District.
A mine is a hole in the ground, owned by a liar.
New Photos of the Virtue Mine - OregonRead More
Featured Ghost Town: Berlin, NevadaRead More
Maiden, Montana Town Profile AddedRead More
Basin, Montana Town Profile AddedRead More
Featured Ghost Town: Bingham, UtahRead More
1906 San Francisco Earthquake Best Historical Photos Best Of Mining Era Structures Cemeteries Churches Gambling Towns Headframes Historical Commercial Buildings Historical Homes Hotels Mining Machinery Smelters Stamp Mills Victorian Homes Winter Scenes View All Tags