This is a small lode-gold district in western El Dorado County about 10 miles northwest of Shingle Springs. The area was first worked during the gold rush, and it has been intermittently prospected since.
This district is on the north end of a large gabbro-diorite intrusion. Greenstones and serpentine lie to the east. There are a number of narrow gold-quartz veins containing small and shallow ore bodies. A few small high-grade pockets have been found. Sulfides, especially galena, which is associated with gold, are abundant.
Boneset, Delores, Morman Hill, Rose Kimberley.
Clark, W. B., and Carlson, D. W., 1956, EI Dorado County, lode gold mines: California Jour. Mines and Geology, vol. 52, pp. 401-429.
Lindgren, Waldemar, and Turner, H. W., 1894, Placerville folio: U.S. Geol. Survey Geol. Atlas of the U.S., folio 3, 3 pp.