Other Names: Chloride
Commodities: silver, gold, antimony
The Danville district is centered around Danville and Green Monster Canyons in the central Monitor Range. The district extends north to include Clear Creek Canyon, and south-southwest about 15 miles to include the area west of the Daughtery Ranch.
Angel, 1881, p. 516; Lincoln, 1923, p. 166; Stoddard, 1932, p. 66; Kral, 1951, p. 50;Lawrence, 1963, p. 151; Hall, 1981, p. 33; Kleinhampl and Ziony, 1984, p. 81
Active: 1917-18, 1952
Commodities: manganese, gold, silver
The original Decoy district covered only a small area on the lower west slopes of the central part of the Toano Range. The district is now expanded to cover both slopes of the range,extending generally from Morgan Basin on the south to Thirtymile Canyon on the north.
Stoddard, 1932, p. 29; Gianella, 1945, p. 39; Granger and others, 1957, p. 42; Smith, 1976, p. 48; LaPointe and others, 1991, p. 73
Other Names: Deep Hole, Granite Range, Squaw Valley, Gerlach, Miller
Commodities: gold, silver, copper, lead, tungsten, titanium
Deephole is located in the southern Granite Range, 18 miles northwest of Gerlach. The Gerlach district of Beal (1963) covered this same general area, and the Miller district of Carlson (1974) also may have been in this area.
Hill, 1912, p. 225; Stoddard, 1932, p. 83; Lincoln, 1923, p. 234; U.S. Bureau of Mines, 1939, p. 450; Overton, 1947, p. 61; U.S. Bureau of Mines, 1953, p. 672; Beal, 1963, p. 23; Bonham, 1969, p. 59; Carlson, 1974, p. 60; Bonham, 1976; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p. 200
Other Names: Ferguson, Cedar
Discovered: 1871, 1891
Commodities: gold, silver, copper, lead, perlite
Wheeler (1872) included this area in a Cedar district, discovered in 1871 and located “on the western side of Bennett Spring Mountains” (generally west of Meadow Valley Wash and southwest of Clover Valley). The present district, discovered in 1891, was originally named Ferguson and its townsite was Delamar.
Delamar came into use as the district name starting in mid-1930s. The main portion of the Delamar district is located on the western front of the range between Monkey Wrench Wash and Cedar Wash, although the district extends to the east almost to Rainbow Canyon and includes the upper part of Taylor Mine Canyon.
Wheeler, 1872, p. 43; Stuart, 1909, p. 133; Hill, 1912, p. 217; Lincoln, 1923, p. 119; Stoddard, 1932, p. 52; Callaghan, 1937, p. 7-8; Averett, 1962, p. 24; Tschanz and Pampeyan, 1970, p. 136-140; Bonham, 1976