Other Names: Granite Point
Commodities: tungsten, molybdenum
The Hooker district is located in the central Selenite Range between Kumiva Peak on the south and Luxor Peak on the north. The Hooker district is sometimes extended to include gypsum mines in the area north of Luxor Peak. The gysum deposits are considered to be in the separate Gerlach district. Washoe County mining records mention a Granite Point district located 6 miles north of Lake Winnemucca that is possibly included in the present Hooker district.
Overton, 1947, p. 85; Johnson, 1977, p. 58; Wong, 1982, table 1; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p. 161; Tingley, 1989a, p. 4; Washoe County mining records
County: White Pine
Commodities: lead, copper, silver, gold, uranium
Situated on the western slope of the northern Egan Range, 10 miles south of Egan Canyon and about 15 miles north of Robinson Summit.
Whitehill, 1873, p. 145; Whitehill, 1877, p. 171; Angel, 1881, p. 654; King, 1885, p. 580; Hill, 1912, p. 227; Lincoln, 1923, p. 251; Stoddard, 1932, p. 87; Garside, 1973, p. 108; Hose and others, 1976, p. 54
Huntington Creek District
Commodities: copper, zinc, silver
Located in the vicinity of Diamond Peak on the Eureka-White Pine county line in the northern Diamond Mountains. The district includes the upper drainage of Davis Canyon in Eureka County, on the west side of the mountains, and the area west of Huntington Creek in White Pine County, on the east side of the mountains.
Hose and others, 1976, p. 55
Other Names: Huntoon Valley area, Hontoon, Van Horn, Vanhorn
Commodities: gold, silver
The Huntoon district lies in T3N, R31E along northwestern side of Huntoon Valley on the southeastern flank of the Excelsior Mountains, about 25 miles south of Hawthorne. The district includes the lower slopes of the Excelsior Mountains on the west side of the valley, and the low hills that separate Huntoon Valley from Teels Marsh on the east. This area was included in the historic Van Horn district of DeGroot (1863) southeast of Aurora in the [Excelsior] range of mountains east of Dexter’s Station and nearly due north of the Montgomery district.
DeGroot, 1863; Stretch, 1867, p. 36; Lotz, 1934, p. 21; Tingley, 1990, p. 88