Commodities: turquoise, silver, gold, copper, lead
The Royston district is in the central Royston Hills, astride the Nye-Esmeralda county line northeast of the Crow Springs district. Royston is sometimes included in the San Antone district.
Kral, 1951, p. 155; Kleinhampl and Ziony, 1984, p. 181; Seedorff, 1991, p. 361
Ruby Hill District
Other Names: Aurum, Schell Creek, Rubyville, Ruby
County: White Pine
The Ruby Hill district is on the crest and western slope of the Schell Creek Range on the divide between Ruby and Indian Creeks. This area, along with Schellbourne and Siegel, was included in the historic Schell Creek district; in 1871 Ruby Hill was separated from the others and organized as a separate district. Ruby Hill is one of five small districts sometimes grouped into the large Aurum district, covering all of the northern Schell Creek Range.
Stretch, 1867, p. 98; Angel, 1881, p. 656; Hill, 1912, p. 226; Hill, 1916, p. 196; Lincoln, 1923, p. 241; Stoddard, 1932, p. 85; Hose and others, 1976, p.44
Ruby Valley District
Other Names: Smith Creek, Battle Creek, Ruby Range, Ruby Mountain Range
Commodities: tungsten, lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold, beryllium
The Ruby Valley district covers the drainages of Battle Creek and Meyers Creek, including Smith Gulch on the east slope of the Ruby Mountains. The area was included in the large Ruby Mountain Range district (1915-1929), and the Ruby Range district (1949-1958).
Hill, 1912, p. 205; Hill, 1916, p. 59; Lincoln, 1923, p. 54; Stoddard, 1932, p. 34; Gianella, 1945, p. 47; Granger and others, 1957, p. 134; Smith, 1976, p. 146, 148; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p. 64; LaPointe and others, 1991, p.196
Rye Patch District (Nye County)
Other Names: Midway area, Maggie Blue’s
Commodities: gold, silver
Rye Patch district was active in 1905-1906 period, and had a district recorder at that time. The district was described as being about 1 mile northwest of Allen Spring (or Allen Well) in Ralston Valley. Claim names in the district were Silver Reef, Legal Tender, and Gold King; claims were sold to Midway Mines and Town Company in 1906. The camp was later known as Maggie Blue’s.
Bonham and Garside, 1974, p. 7; T. J. Moyer, oral commun., 1988
Rye Patch District (Pershing County)
Other Names: Echo, Wrights Canyon, Rocky Canyon, Panther Canyon, Alpha, Oreana
Commodities: tungsten, silver, beryllium, uranium, gold, lead, copper, antimony
Located in T29-30N, R33-34E, opposite Buena Vista, on the western slope of the Humboldt Range about 12 miles northeast of Oreana. The original name was Echo. The district includes Wrights Canyon and Rocky Canyon.
General Land Office, 1866; Stretch, 1867, p. 49; White, 1869, p. 37; White, 1871, p. 18; Whitehill, 1877, p. 67; Angel, 1881, p. 450; Lincoln, 1923, p. 204; Stoddard, 1932, p. 75, 82; Vanderburg, 1936b, p. 33; U.S. Bureau of Mines, 1954, p. 703; Lawrence, 1963, p. 191; Bonham, 1976; Schilling, 1976; Johnson, 1977, p. 84; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p. 190