Other Names: Trappmans Camp, Wilsons
Commodities: gold, silver
Located in the Trappman Hills, south of Wilsons district. Ball (1906, 07) describes two separate districts in the Trappman Hills, Trappmans Camp in the central part and Wilsons Camp on the north end of the hills. Hill (1912) combined both areas into a large Trappmans district. Kral (1951) and Cornwall (1972) also combined both areas into one district, but used the name Wilsons for the area.
Ball, 1906, p. 69; Ball, 1907, p. 138; Hill, 1912, p. 224; Lincoln, 1923, p. 193, 198; Stoddard, 1932, p. 72; Kral, 1951, p. 217; Cornwall, 1972, p. 41; Bonham, 1976; Tingley and others, 1997, p. 7-102
Other Names: Trego Hot Springs, Hualipi
Commodities: tungsten, gold, silver, copper, lead
Located northeast of Gerlach, Trego includes the area east of Hualipi Flat, on the north edge of the Black Rock Desert, and areas in the northern Selenite and Pahsupp Mountains.
U.S. Bureau of Mines, 1939, p. 450; Bonham and others, 1985; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p.196
Trident Peak District
Other Names: Kings River
Commodities: silver, lead
Located at Trident Peak in the central Bilk Creek Mountains, near the Oregon state line 45 miles north of Orovada. Trident Peak includes the Kings River district of Gianella (1945).
Gianella, 1945, p. 73; Bonham and others, 1985
Other Names: Arabia, Oreana, Trinity Canyon, Willow Canyon
Commodities: gold, silver, tungsten, perlite, lead, zinc
The original Trinity district was located on the east flank of the Trinity Range and included Trinity Canyon, Black Rock Canyon, and Arabia. Arabia is now considered to be a separate district, and the Trinity district is confined to the southern portion of the original district, expanded to the south to cover all of Trinity Range between Trinity Pass and Black Rock Canyon, including the Willow Canyon area on the west slope of the range.
Stretch, 1867, p. 55; White, 1869, p. 34; White, 1871, p. 16; Angel, 1881, p. 453; Lincoln, 1923, p. 220; Stoddard, 1932, p. 81; Vanderburg, 1936b, p. 44; Johnson, 1977, p. 96; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p. 194
Trinity Placer District Description
On the east flank of the Trinity Range, between Black Rock Canyon and Trinity Canyon, Tps. 28 and 29 N., R. 31 E.
Oreana 15-minute quadrangle; Lovelock 2-degree sheet, Army Map Service.
Tatlock, 1969, Preliminary geologic map of Pershing County, Nevada, scale 1:200,000.
From Lovelock, 10 miles north on light-duty road to Trinity Canyon.
Small amounts of placer gold have been recovered from unlocated deposits in the Trinity district. The deposits probably occur in Trinity Canyon and nearby gulches, which drain areas where free gold is known to occur in lodes.
Production history: Placer gold was recovered intermittently between 1939 and 1963. Most of the work was apparently done by snipers using small-scale hand methods.
The placer gold was probably eroded from silver-gold ores in which the gold is in the native state or is associated with iron oxides, as at the Evening Star mine (sec. 3, T. 28 N., R. 31 E.) and other lode mines in the vicinity.
U.S. Bureau of Mines, 1957: States that placer mining was done with small-scale methods by miscellaneous prospectors and snipers.
Vanderburg, 1936b: Describes ores at Evening Star mine.