Halloran Springs is in northeastern San Bernardino county about 12 miles northeast of Baker. Indians mined turquoise here in prehistoric times. The area Was probably prospected for gold during the 1890s. The Telegraph mine, the principal gold source in the district, with an output of $100,000, was discovered in 1930. The ore deposits consist of gold-quartz veins, up to eight feet thick in quartz monzonite and consisting either of massive and banded quartz or cemented silicified breccia. The ore Contains native gold and often abundant chalcopyrite and bornite. Some of the ore is extremely rich.
Hewett, D. F., 1956, Geology and mineral resources of the Ivanpah quadrangle: U. S. Geol. Survey Prof. Paper 275, 172 pp.
Wright, L.A., Stewart, R. M., Gay, T. E., Jr., and Hazenbush, G. C., 1953, San Bernardino County, gold: California Jour. Mines and Geol., vol. 49, pp. 69-86.