Ray, Arizona

Ray History

Ray was constructed in 1909 as a company town by the Arizona Hercules Copper Company. In the late 1940's open-pit mining replaced the underground workings. The growing pit eventually engulfed the town and Ray was moved to the town of Kearney in the late 50's.

Satellite photo of the open pit at Ray Arizona
Satellite photo of the open pit at Ray, Arizona