Coloma, California

Coloma Schoolhouse - Coloma California
Coloma Schoolhouse - Coloma California

Photo Details

Town: Coloma , California

Year: 2006

Copyright: 4 Original photography - WesternMiningHistory.com

Source: N/A

Photographer: N/A

Photo Description

Sign at site reads:

Coloma Schoolhouse

In 1885 Coloma's three private schools enrolled 187 pupils, two years later one large public school held 234 children. That school was housed in the original El Dorado Couny Courthouse on this site. the Courthouse burned in 1915, and this school building was moved here from Slatington, near Kelsey.

The schoolhouse was restored in 1995 through the efforts of Park staff, the Gold Discovery Park Association and El Dorado County citizens.