Other Names: Sunnyside, Hot Springs, Eagleville, Rawhide
Commodities: tungsten, gold, antimony
Includes a small area south of Big Kasock Mountain in the southern Sand Springs Range. Originally known as Sunnyside for a small gold camp located east of the present Nevada Scheelite camp. Leonard also was included in the historic Hot Springs district that was located east of Rawhide and encompassed both the present Leonard and Eagleville districts. Tungsten discoveries west of Sunnyside and the development of the Leonard Mine resulted in enlarging district to west. Leonard is also sometimes included in Rawhide district.
Vanderburg, 1937a, p. 59; Schrader, 1947, p. 229; Stoddard, 1932, p. 62; Bonham, 1976
Leonard Creek District
Other Names: Snow Creek, Pine Forest, Varyville
Commodities: gold, tungsten, uranium
Located in the southern Pine Forest Range, in Leonard Creek basin and adjacent portions of the range. The district lies between Varyville on the west and Dyke on the east. Leonard Creek is sometimes included in the Varyville district.
Lotz, 1934, p. 19; Vanderburg, 1938a, p. 19; Willden, 1964, tables 20, 21; Garside, 1973, p. 59; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p. 76
Other Names: Dean, Mud Springs, Pittsburg, Elizabeth, Northern Shoshone Range
Commodities: silver, gold, lead, copper, zinc, antimony, barite, arsenic
Situated about 16 miles southeast of Battle Mountain in T29-30N, R45-46E, northern Shoshone Range. The district extends from Whiskey Canyon and Lewis Canyon to the ridge between Dean Canyon and Krum Canyon.
Territorial Enterprise, March 2, 1875; Whitehill, 1877, p. 76; Angel, 1881, p. 474; Hill, 1912, p. 215; Lincoln, 1923, p. 113; Stoddard, 1932, p. 50; Lotz, 1934, p. 20; Vanderburg, 1939, p. 59; Lawrence, 1961, p. 94; La Heist, 1964, p. 66; Stewart and others, 1977, p. 85
Other Names: Lexington Canyon, Shoshone
County: White Pine
Commodities: tungsten, gold
Lexington is on the eastern slope of the southern Snake Range, and includes the watersheds of Big Wash, Lexington Creek, and Black Canyon. This area was once included in the eastern part of the Shoshone district.
Lincoln, 1923, p. 254; Hose and others, 1976, p. 56; Stager and Tingley, 1988, p. 219