Dunton, Colorado was an isolated mining camp in Dolores County of southwest Colorado. The biggest mine at Dunton was the Emma Mine. In 1897, Eastern investors purchased the Emma and invested in new development. This photo of the Emma Mine shows the old and new stamp mills, the mine boarding house, and was probably taken sometime after 1897.
Zooming in of the photo reveals some interesting details. This image details the new stamp mill built right up next to the old one. Note the man standing on the roof of the new mill.
The photo also has great details of the log-built boarding house. Men are standing in front, and one of them appears to be the camp chef.
The Emma mine was prosperous until at least 1907 but seems to have been in steep decline after that. The mine had various periods of new activity until 1929 but it is unclear how serious those operations were.